Castlegate Residential Development, Ballymena
This proposal brought forward by KMBC Ltd. was the second phase of the high-quality Castlegate development consisting of family homes in the Galgorm area of Ballymena.
Sand Road, Ballymena
The proposal comprised 66 residential properties, including a mix of detached, semi-detached and bungalow dwellings. The development also includes a generous open space allowance, associated landscaping, access roads and ancillary works.
- Renewal of the existing outline planning permission
- Screening of the site and perceived overlooking
- Concerns from statutory consultees including the Historical Environment Division regarding the potential impact to a nearby listed building
- Issues raised by planning enforcement
- Traffic and parking impact
Gravis Planning provided planning advice prior to submission, progressed the application through the planning system and dealt with all responses from statutory consultees such as HED, NIEA, Environmental Health, DfI Roads and NI Water. We provided advice on issues such as site layout, landscape management, screening of the site and traffic.
We also organised and hosted a Pre-Application Community Consultation (PACC) event, which allowed the public to provide feedback to the proposal. Individual meetings with local elected representatives were also conducted.
These efforts culminated in the receipt of planning approval for this high-quality residential development from Mid and East Antrim Borough Council's Planning Committee in October 2020.